New Media Journalism Talks
Aaaaah, New Media Journalism. This is Jeff’s passion! He’s been broadcasting ever since he started using Clearasil. These talks are perfect for Journalism, Multimedia, Broadcasting and Convergent Media Departments. They can be customized to fit your curriculum.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM JEFF:
Journalism, as an industry, is being redefined. Today, you have to wear all the hats to get the job done…not to mention GET the job. From writing to producing to shooting and editing, I will arm your students with the required new skill-set to guarantee relevance in a competitive job market. New ideas will build on your strong curriculum. This is a must attend for any serious Journalism/Broadcasting major.
Success in the era of digital journalism requires new skill/mind-sets. The New Media Journalist will be required to master all aspects of the news gathering, reporting, production and distribution process. One’s success depends on both technical proficiency and journalistic integrity. Learn tips, tricks and techniques from an Emmy Award winning news producer, reporter, shooter and editor. Jeff MacIntyre will arm you with major market tools necessary for local dominance.
1. State of the Industry / Insider’s POV
2. What is a New Media Journalist?
3. How to Deliver More with Less
4. Multi-Media Madness – New Tools Overview
5. Tools/Tips to Enhance Storytelling
6. Mastering the New Media Workflow
7. Camera/Lighting Techniques
8. The Art of the Cut – Editing Tips/Tricks
9. Distribution Strategies / Monetize That Content!
10. Five Instant Steps to Becoming a Better Journalist
It’s a Mobile, Mobile World! Wherever the story breaks, New Media Journalists need to be able to produce it, cut it and stream it live. The tools for creating powerful news stories are already in our pockets. Jeff will teach and inspire students to use Smart Phones and small video cameras (aka Flipcams) to produce and distribute news content.
- Producing Big Content with Little Cameras
- Shooting Techniques for Mobile Video
- Stop the Shake! Camera Stabilization Tricks
- Editing on the Go / Apps that Make the Cut
- Major Market Storytelling Tips for Mini Screens